Arrival & Departure time
Weeks will usually be let Friday to Friday, but short breaks may be available in low season or at short notice.
Please plan to arrive after 4:00 pm. The property must be vacated by 11:00 am on your departure date.
We welcome good dogs (max one), but please make sure they don't disturb animals or damage the property. Please don't leave them unattended in the cottage, nor allow them on beds, and please clean any mess off the lawn before you go.
How to Book
Our prices per week and are based on 5 persons sharing. Short breaks may be available. Please phone to enquire.
- Phone us now (01644 420636) to check availability. We will Ďpencil iní your preferred week into our diary. Then e-mail us, and we will email you a booking form.
- Fill in the booking form, sign it (your signature forms part of the contract for your holiday), and post it together with a booking fee cheque for £50 (payable to Craig Farm) to us.
(If we donít get the form and £50, we will cancel your pencilled reservation after a week)
- We will then send you a letter confirming receipt of your cheque and acceptance of your booking.
(If you cancel your holiday, the booking fee is not returnable)
- One month before your holiday starts, please send us a cheque for the balance.
(We will not remind you, so please donít forget. If we donít receive the balance, we will assume you have cancelled the booking.)
- We will then send you a holiday confirmation letter with directions and instructions for the key.
(If you cancel your holiday after this (i.e. within a month of your holiday), we will try to re-let that week and re-pay you the balance, but if we are unable to re-let the week, your money will not be refunded. So if you need to cancel your holiday, please let us know as soon as possible.)
- The signed booking form and holiday confirmation letter constitute the contract for a holiday tenancy of Longshot cottage and specify the duration, normally one or two weeks.
- No more than five people may be accommodated at the property without written permission.
- Our prices are inclusive: some logs are provided, and there are no extra charges for electricity or heating. However, in the following instances there may be charges:
- at cost price, when unreasonably excessive logs, wifi, or electricity is used (you are welcome to use the honesty box).
- at cost price, for breakages, loss or damage where appropriate.
- when tenants leave the cottage, furniture, equipment or garden dirty, to pay for additional cleaning. The property will be in a clean condition when you arrive, and should be left in a like condition.
- when tenants arrive too early or overstay the departure time..
- We reserve the right to enter the property at any reasonable time for inspection or repair work, and to require tenants to leave if the property is being damaged.
- We do not provide any insurance against loss or injury while on holiday, nor loss of your deposit, so please get your own insurance if you want it.
- Some changes may have occurred to these descriptions since they were written.